Monday, November 19, 2012

Stop before it gets too late.

Whenever someone says, "You're so gorgeous!" "You're sooo skinny!" "I love your eyes!" "I love your hair!" I always turn around, look to my right, or left to see if they're actually talking to me. It's horrible. I always tell other girls that they're beautiful. I don't know how I can do it when I don't even believe it myself.  I know we've all experienced that moment of self-doubt. Doubt that destroys your day, your mood, and your smile for the day.
We all have a bad habit of comparing ourselves to others, and you know what? STOP. You are you. I think that there will always be someone prettier, someone skinnier, someone smarter, but there will never be another one of you. I went through a horrible time of self-loathing. I hated myself. I had to stop or I was going to self-destruct.
We all hope that that one boy will come along and make us feel beautiful. But what's gonna happen when he leaves? Are you going to start thinking you're beautiful? Or are you going to go down a steeper slope? I promise, you don't need a boy to believe that you're beautiful. I know it helps, but if you ever need to hear that you're beautiful, COME TALK TO ME.
  • Don't ever shut down.
  • Don't ever stop eating.
  • Don't ever start self harming.
  • Don't ever stop smiling.
  • Don't ever start putting yourself down or others.
Proverbs 3:15 - She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.
     You're all worth more than you think. You are priceless to God. 
Stop before it's too late. I want to help! If you ever think about self-harming or to stop eating, don't do it. It's such a hard path to stop going down. I promise, I know. I know that it doesn't sound easy, and that it might take a long time. But no matter how many compliments you receive, if you don't believe that you're beautiful, they're a waste. For once, if you're hurting, help yourself. Talk to someone. Please. I want to help all those that I can. I know what's it like to feel all alone.
Let's all get healthy together. I love you all. It gets better.

No comments:

Post a Comment